Our Singleton programs focus on the day-to-day needs of the entire family while they are facing the effects of a cancer crisis.
Singleton programs have been thoughtfully developed specifically from most needed requests from our families. All of our support services are at no charge to Our Singleton Families after completing our easy in-take process.
Our Main Programs
Bills, bills, bills … any person with a serious illness knows the real financial hardship it creates. Singleton Pockets allocates a small stipend per month to be applied directly toward a household bill such as rent/mortgage, utility (water, electric). Payments are made through the Singleton Accounting Department and cash is never given directly to the parent.
Who doesn’t love a delicious, nutritious dinner that has been prepared by somebody else? For single parent families affected by cancer the Singleton Kitchen program is especially important because it simplifies meal preparation so dinner gets on the table.
All meals are made by volunteers in partnership with Dream Dinners, with the intention to provide nutrition and promote time spent as a family over dinner.
Care Team Cleans
A sparkling clean house is definitely one of life’s greatest pleasures … and for the Singleton Moms families, it’s especially important! A clean home reduces ailments, encourages a healthy lifestyle, and lifts a weight of a parent’s shoulders, especially when they are feeling poorly from treatment. It also allows more time to spend interacting with the children instead of trying to stay on top of household chores.
Our Care Coordinator and Care Team volunteers provide a thorough cleaning of the family’s home once a month, and are able to accommodate special needs. All of our volunteers are screened with a background check before entering the home.
Our Bare Necessities program provides families with a supply of most-needed household items that are commonly used in the home daily such as; laundry detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, etc…. This can add up!
Would it surprise you to know that government assistance programs such as SNAP cover none of the items provided through the Bare Necessities program? These items keep the home running smoothly while simultaneously bring relief to the family’s monthly budget.
Bare Necessities items are provided solely through community drives held in partnership with many companies, churches, schools, clubs and organizations.
FUN IS NOT A LUXURY IT IS A NECESSITY! When a single parent family is facing a cancer diagnosis, the mood around the house can become glum. This is where our Singleton Kids program comes in to boost family moral such as; kid friendly events at exciting venues in the community, to Birthday bags filled with all the items needed for an entertaining birthday celebration, to one-time grants meant to make a child feel special and unforgotten.
- Social Events: Quarterly kid-friendly events at fun venues around the Valley.
- Just for Me, Just for Fun: This $250 grant provides a Singleton Kid the opportunity to feel special. They may use their grant on experiences such as an extracurricular activity or clothing-shopping spree.
- Birthday Bags: Each month Singleton Kids with a birthday are given a festive bag filled with cheerful supplies needed for an entertaining birthday celebration.
- Bare Necessities Fun Day: While parents are picking up their Bare Necessities items on the 3rd Saturday of each month, Singleton Kids have the opportunity to make a fun craft, chow down on delicious snacks or occasionally we bring in a big surprise for the kiddos.
- Singleton Santa: Our staff pairs Singleton Families with adoptive groups to help make our Families’ holiday season a little brighter!
Singleton Moms ability to provide our unique support service relies completely on the generosity of our community. Occasionally, we receive professional services or items that fall outside our core programs. These services and items are distributed to Singleton Families on an as needed, first come first serve basis.