Welcome to Singleton Moms
Meeting the Needs of Today…Providing Hope for Tomorrow
Imagine your close friend, neighbor or family member is a struggling single parent undergoing active cancer treatment. What would you do to help? That question was the driving force that launched Singleton™ Moms.
Why we do what we do & how can you help?
Singleton Moms is a small, Arizona-based non-profit with a mighty vision. We are dedicated to nurturing single parents battling cancer and their minor children. We do this by meeting the practical day-to-day needs of the entire family, while providing hope for tomorrow.
Our resources are based solely upon community support. Donor support allows us to reach more parents. The single most impactful way you can make a difference in the lives of these families is through monetary support. This enables us, through our essential programs, to reach more single Arizona parents struggling to simply make it through the day-to-day challenges while battling cancer.
Who do we serve?
- In 2009, 17,000 single parents were living with a cancer diagnosis in Arizona (source)
- Singleton Families have an average of 2.7 children living in the home
- 70% of the parents we serve have been diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer
- The average age of the parent we support is 36 years old
- The annual cost to support a family of four is $10,200
- In 2013, Singleton Moms provided over 2,160 meals or 8,640 portions to Singleton Families. This means that on any day of the year at least 23 people are enjoying a nutritious family meal provided by Singleton Moms.
The support Singleton Moms provides keeps these families afloat. Most importantly, helps these brave single parents and their young children feel they are not alone.